This workshop's goal is to bring together researchers and stakeholders concerned with supporting children with complex communication needs (children who have communication difficulties due to significant speech, language, and/or cognitive impairments) through interactive technologies. Topics include:
- design, implementation, and evaluation methods
- needs of specific communities (e.g., autism)
- experiences in previous and current projects
The workshop will also be an opportunity to begin creating a community around this topic. There are specific challenges to this line of research that could significantly benefit from collaboration and coordination across multiple research sites. The workshop will therefore be an opportunity to discuss the possibility of a research consortium.
- Why do you want to participate?
- What can you contribute?
- What do you want to get out of the workshop?
At least one author of each accepted position statement must attend the workshop and all participants must register for the workshop and for at least one day of the conference.