I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Iowa. My research interest lies in data mining and machine learning, with a focus on dynamical processes (e.g. spread of misinformation, diseases, failures) on large networks (e.g. web, population contact networks, critical infrastructures). My recent work include AI for influenza forecasting, e-commerce search and fraud detection, outbreak detection in hospitals, network embedding, community detection, and network summarization.
I am also a member of the Computational Epidemiology Group , where I primarily investigate problems motivated by public health such as propagation of diseases via contact network, forecasting outbreaks of infectious diseases, and designing optimal surveillance systems.
Prior to joining UIowa, I received my PhD in Computer Science from Virginia Tech under the supervision of Prof. B. Aditya Prakash. I received my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Vistula University in Warsaw, Poland.
- 12-2020: Two papers accepted in IAAI 2021. Another one accepted in AAAI 2021.
- 12-2020: News just keeps getting better!!! Our team won the first place in the COVID-19 Symptom Data Challenge (Out of 35 global teams). [ Link ]
- 12-2020: Thrilled to announce that our team DeepOutbreak won the second place in the C3.ai COVID-19 Grand Challenge (Out of 777 participants from 43 countries). [Link]
- 11-2020: Our paper “Mapping Network States using Connectivity Queries” is accepted to IEEE BigData !!!
- 10-2020: Our paper “DeepCOVID”: An Operational Deep Learning-driven Framework for Explainable Real-time COVID-19 Forecasting” is now available on merRxiv. [Link]
- 09-2020: Our paper “Steering a Historical Disease Forecasting Model Under a Pandemic: Case of Flu and COVID-19” is now available on arXiv. [Link]
- 08-2020: I am teaching CS:4890:0004 - Mining and Learning on Large Networks this fall.
- 08-2020: Co-organizing epiDAMIK workshop @ KDD2020.
- 08-2020: Joined CS at UIowa as an Assistant Professor.
Office: 258 MH