Shahid, U., Farooqi, S., Ahmad, R., Shafiq, Z., Srinivasan, P. and Zaffar, F. Accurate Detection of Automatically Spun Content via Stylometric Analysis. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) New Orleans, November 18 - 21, 2017.
Bhattacharya, S., Srinivasan, P.,and Polgreen, P. Social Media Engagement Analysis of U.S. Federal Health Agencies on Facebook. BMC Medical Information Decision Making, 17(49), 2017.
Anupindi, Tejaswi R., Srinivasan, P.Disease Comorbidity Linkages between MEDLINE and Patient Data. IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2017). Short paper and poster, Park City, Utah, August 23 - 27, 2017
Le, H., Boynton, B., Mejova, Y., Shafiq, Z., and Srinivasan, P. Bumps and Bruises: Mining Presidential Campaign Announcements on Twitter. Hypertext, Prague, Czech Republic, 2017.
Le, H., Shafiq, Z., and Srinivasan, P. Scalable News Slant Measurement Using Twitter. The 11th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM), 2017. (Poster).
Le, H., Boynton, B., Mejova, Y., Shafiq, Z., and Srinivasan, P. Revisiting the American Voter. Proceedings of ACM SIG CHI (Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems), pages 4507-4519 ACM May 2017, Colorado, USA.
Boynton, G. R., Le, H.T., Mejova, Y., Shafiq, M. and Srinivasan, P. What Campaigns Become as Social Media Become the Infrastructure of Political Communication. In: Glenn W. Richardson (Eds.) Social Media and Politics, Volume 1, 21 pages, 2017.
Yang C., Srinivasan P: Life Satisfaction and the Pursuit of Happiness on Twitter. PLoS One, 11(3):e0150881, 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0150881.
Zhang, X., Yang, T., and Srinivasan, P. Online Asymmetric Active Learning with Imbalanced Data. Proceedings of KDD 16, August 13-17, 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2939672.2939854
Srinivasan, P., Zhang, X-N, Bouten, R., Chang, C. Ferret: A Sentence-Based Literature Scanning System. BMC Bioinformatics, 16(1), 2015. Highly Accessed.
Bhattacharya, S., Yang, C., Srinivasan, P., and Boynton, R. Perceptions of Presidential Candidates' Personalities in Twitter. Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology 67(2): 249-267, 2016. (Published online April 2015).
Yang, C., Pan, S., Mahmud, J.U., Yang, H. and Srinivasan, P. Using Personal Traits For Brand Preference Prediction. Proceedings of the 2015 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2015), pages 86-96, September 17-21, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal.
Liu, Y., Pant, G., and Srinivasan, P. Interactions in a Network of Ideas: A Study on Predicting Meme Popularity. Winter conference on Business Intelligence, Snowbird, Utah, March 2015.
Harris, C.G., and Srinivasan, P. Hybrid Crowd-Machine Methods as Alternatives to Pooling and Expert Judgements. (AIRS 2014), 10th Asia Information Retrieval Society Conference, Sarawak, Malaysia, December 2014.
Bhattacharya, S., Srinivasan, P., and Polgreen, P. Engagement with Health Agencies on Twitter. PLOS One, November 7, 2014.
Bhattacharya, S., Yang, C., Srinivasan, P., and Boynton, R. Perceptions of Presidential Candidates' Personalities in Twitter. Journal of the American Society for Information Science. To Appear. 2014.
Yang, C., Srinivasan, P. From Surveys to Surveillance on Social Media: Methodological Challenges & Solutions. WebSci '14, Proceedings of the 2014 ACM conference on Web science, Pages 4-12, 2014.
Yang, C, Bhattacharya, S., and Srinivasan, P. The University of Iowa at CLEF 2014: eHealth Task 3. CLEF 2014 eHealth Workshop.
- Qiu, Xin Ying, Srinivasan, P. Supervised Learning Models to Predict Firm Performance with Annual Reports - an empirical study. Journal of the American Society for Information Science. 65(2), 400-413, 2014. Published online Nov 2013.
- Harris, C. and Srinivasan, P. Comparing Crowd-based, Game-based, and Machine-based Approaches in Initial Query and Query Refinement Tasks. Proceedings of the 35th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2013). Moscow, Russia.
- Mejova, Y., Srinivasan, P. Boynton, B. GOP Primary Season on Twitter: "Popular" Political Sentiment in Social Media. Proc. of the Sixth International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), Rome, Italy. February 2013.
- Pant, G. and Srinivasan, P. Status Locality on the Web: Implications for Building Focused Collections. Information Systems Research, January 2013 isre.1120.0457.
- Harris, C., and Srinivasan, P. Human Computation for Information Retrieval. In: Michellucci (Ed.) Handbook of Human Computation, pp. 205-214. Springer Science+Business Media New York, 2013.
- Harris, C., and Srinivasan, P. Crowd Sourcing and Ethics. In: Yaniv Altshuler and Yuval Elovici (eds) Security and Privacy in Social Networks. Springer Science+Business Media New York, pp 67-83, 2013.
Rechenthin, M., Street, W. N. and Srinivasan, P., Stock chatter: using stock sentiment to predict price direction, Algorithmic Finance 2 (2013), no. 3-4, 169--196; MR3154275.
- Bhattacharya, S., Tran, H., and Srinivasan, P. Discovering Health Beliefs in Twitter. AAAI-2012 Fall Symposium on Information Retrieval and Knowledge Discovery in Biomedical Text. Washington, DC., November 2012.
- Bhattacharya, S., and Srinivasan, P. A Semantic Approach to Involve Twitter in LBD Efforts. Proc. of the First International Workshop on the Role of Semantic Web in Literature-Based Discovery (SWLBD 2012), The IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2012), Philadelphia, USA. October 2012.
- Yang, C., Srinivasan, P, Polgreen, P.S. Automatic Adverse Drug Events Detection Using Letters to the Editor. AMIA 2012 Annual Symposium. Chicago, November 2012.
- Harris, C., Srinivasan, P. Applying Human Computation Mechanisms to Information Retrieval. ASIST Annual Conference. Maryland, October 2012.
- Bhattacharya, S., Tran, H., and Srinivasan, P., and Suhls, J. Belief Surveillance with Twitter. WebSci 2012, Research Note, Illinois, June 2012.
- Mejova, Y., and Srinivasan, P. Political Speech in Social Media Streams: YouTube Comments and Twitter Posts. WebSci 2012, Research Note, Illinois, June 2012.
- Mejova, Y., and Srinivasan, P. Crossing Media Streams with Sentiment: Domain Adaptation in Blogs, Reviews and Twitter, Sixth International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM). Dublin, Ireland, June 2012.
Harris, C. and Srinivasan, P. With a Little Help from the Crowd: Receiving Unauthorized Academic Assistance through Online Labor Markets.
Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust (PASSAT), 2012 International Conference on and 2012 International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom) pp. 904-909, September 2012.
- Yang, C., Simmering, J., Srinivasan, P.. Polgreen, L., and Polgreen, P. Early detection of adverse drug events using the full text of letters to the editor. Emerging Health Threats Journal 2011, 4: 11103 - DOI: 10.3134/ehtj.v4i0.11103 [extended abstract]
- Bhattacharya, S., Tran, H., and Srinivasan, P. Data-driven Methods for SMS-based FAQ Retrieval. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), January 2012 (in press).
- Eickhoff, C., Harris, C., de Vries, A.P., Srinivasan, P. Quality through Flow and Immersion: Gamifying Crowdsourced Relevance Assessments. ACM SIGIR, Portland, Oregon, August 2012.
- Khoshneshin, M., Street, W.N., and Srinivasan, P. Bayesian embedding of co-occurrence data for query-based visualization. Tenth IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA 2011), Hawaii, December 2011.
- Khoshneshin, M., Basir, M.A., Srinivasan, P., Street, W.N., and Hand, B. Analyzing the language evolution of a science classroom via a topic model. KDD-2011 Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in Educational Data, San Diego, CA, August 2011.
- Reed, C., Elvers, T., and Srinivasan, P. Whats Trending? Mining Topical Trends in UGC Systems with YouTube as a Case Study. The Multimedia Data Mining (MDM) Workshop, KDD 2011 (MDM/KDD 2011), San Diego, CA, USA, August 2011.
- Bhattacharya, S., Ha-Thuc, V., and Srinivasan, P. MeSH: A Window into Full-Text for Document Summarization. Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) 2011. Vienna, Austria, July 2011. Also in Bioinformatics 2011 27:i20-i28.