Next: About this document ...
Algorithms 22C:44 Spring 2001
Professor Sriram V. Pemmaraju
Class rooms and timings Section 1: 205 MLH, 1:05-2:20, TTh
Section 2: 214 MLH, 10:55-12:10, TTh
Office and office hours 101G MLH, 1:30-2:30 M, 2:30-3:30 Th
E-mail and phone email@example.com, 319-353-2956
Textbook Introduction to Algorithms,Cormen, Leiserson, and Rivest.
Grading 7 homeworks at 5% each; Midterm at 30%, and Final at 35%.
Prerequisites Undergraduate student, and grades C- or above in 22C:30, 22C:34 and 22C:40.
- Introduction: Chapter 1.
- Mathematical fundamentals: Chapters 2-4
- Sorting: Chapters 7-9
- Selection: Chapter 10.
- Hashing: Chapter 12.
MIDTERM EXAM: Tentatively in the week of March 5-9.
- Dynamic Programming: Chapter 16.
- Greedy Algorithms: Chapter 17
- Basic graph algorithms: Chapter 23.
- More graph algorithms: Chapter 24-26
- NP-completeness: Chapter 36.
FINAL EXAM: May 8, 2001.
- Teaching Assistants: TBA
- I need to hear from anyone who has a disability which may require
some modification of seating, testing or other class requirements so that
appropriate arrangements may be made. Please see me after class of during my