Electronic Submission Guidelines for 22C:021
Completed projects should be submitted using the automated submit
command. There is no need to submit a hardcopy of any code.
The submit program is a simple tool for you to electronically submit your work to us for
grading. Follow the steps given below to submit your solution. For each assignment, you should create
exactly one directory that contains all files for the assignment. For example, to submit your first
project, you should have created a directory called project1 which contains all your files for
When you have completed your assignment, you will run the submit program to submit the appropriate
directory. For example, to submit your solution to the first project:
- cd ~/021 - go to the directory that contains the directory to submit; suppose this directory is 021
- submit project1 - submit the entire directory project1 and all files in the directory
- You will then be asked two questions as shown below. The first question asks you for the course. Your
response (shown in boldface) should be c021. The second question asks you for a location and provides you a choice.
Your response should depend on which project you are working on. For example, if you want to submit project1,
your response to the second question will be project1.
Course (22C:016 would be c016): c021
Possible submit directories for /group/submit/c021 are:
* File/directory project1 has been
* copied to /group/submit/c021/project1/project1.joe.
Note that you can resubmit an assignment, but the new submission overwrites the old submission and
receives a new timestamp.