West02, Jones on End-to-End Accuracy Standards, Slide 6
- Human false positives
- reliably detectable or marginal marks not intended as votes.
- Human false negatives
- reliably ignored or marginal marks intended as votes.
- Miscounted votes, from a human perspective
- human false positives plus human false negatives!
- Exit poll data can disclose miscounts
- Hand recounts can disclose most miscounts;
the Florida 2000 data collected by the newspapers is precious!
- Machine recounts can disclose frequency of marginal votes